What is Lucky Sevens?
Lucky Sevens is comprised of 7 exhibitions for Marlene Yu's 77th year at 7 local institutions. Marlene has designed 7 themed, non-overlapping exhibitions selected from her 4000+ paintings, more than 35 series of works, ranging from 16 inches to 37 feet long.
Marlene has had 69 solo shows in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, and is Founder and Curator of the Rainforest Art Foundation. Her work has earned reviews and interviews in 9 languages in more than 200 publications, by numerous art magazines, newspapers, TV, and radio shows, such as ARTFORUM, Art in America, Art News, World Journal, Voice of America, and Barbara Walters’ Today Show.
The first exhibition will begin in Marlene's birthday month with a Kickoff party at the Louisiana State Exhibit Museum on September 25, 2014. Following the kickoff, the exhibitions will be located at:
- Louisiana State Exhibit Museum - September to October 2014
- Robinson Film Center - October to November 2014
- Shreveport Regional Arts Council - November 2014 to January 2015
- Marlene Yu Museum - December 2014 to May 2015
- Meadows Museum of Art - February to May 2015
- Sci-Port: Louisiana's Science Center - March to April 2015
- Bossier Arts Council - June to July 2015
Exact dates and themes to be announced soon!
How can you get involved?
We need your help! Anyone wishing to contribute to this tremendous effort is welcome to do so by visiting our Support page. Contributions help cover the costs of framing, crating, shipping, installing, and uninstalling these large-scale works.
Part of the Lucky Sevens is a system of rewards you can choose based on your contribution. When you visit our support page it will take you through the simple steps for choosing a reward, such as sponsorship recognition, preview party tickets, and even original works of art.